Heart-Centered Practice 2021 Retreat for Mental Health Providers
Time & Location
About The Event
Did you know that self-care is a professional super power?! The ability to physically, emotionally, and mentally self-regulate increases resilience and promotes sustained care-giving capacity. Mental health providers are at high risk of burnout and compassion fatigue due to the emotional demands of the profession, and the challenges of the past 18 months have only increased this risk. Retreat to this beautiful lakeside cabin in Island Park for an enriching, restorative weekend with your colleagues in mental health as you learn about the research, ethical imperative, and practice of professional self-care.
This retreat-style training features experiential workshops designed to:
- Introduce the Professional Quality of Life Measure (ProQOL)
- Understand the relationship between distress and professional impairment
- Learn about how chronic work-related stress impacts well-being and leads to burnout and compassion fatigue
- Explore the concept of therapeutic presence as a foundation for ethical practice
- Learn and practice skills for strengthening self-awareness, self-regulation, and therapeutic presence
- Daily Yoga Practice
- Guided Meditations
- Sense and Savor Dinner with appetizers, main course, dessert, wine
- Experiential learning sessions facilitated by Bonnie Horsburgh, LCSW
- PEACE Discussion
- Outdoor activities: swimming, paddle boarding, kayaking, boating, evening campfires
- Lodging: This spacious cabin features 7 bedrooms and 4.5 baths
- Meals: Thursday dinner through Sunday lunch; Snacks; Beverages (sparking water, coffee, tea, wine)
- Activities: Daily mindful movement, evening campfires, all workshops
- Materials: handouts, journal, all workshop supplies
- Continuing Education: This training has been designed to comply with the CE requirements for social workers, counselors, and LMFTs in the State of Idaho. Approval by the Idaho Licensing Board of Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists is pending. Please contact your licensing or accrediting body if you have questions about eligibility for CEs. This event will include at least 15 continuing education hours, including 2.5 hours of ethics training. A certificate of completion will be provided.
Travel to and from venue
Single Payment $725 - Save $25 with this option.
Payment Plan $750 - Secure your spot with a $250 deposit. The balance of $500 can be paid in two installments of $250 each, due on or before July 1, 2021 and August 15, 2021.
Email Bonnie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Deposits are non-refundable. The remainder of your paid registration fee will be refunded if you cancel up to one month prior to the start date of the retreat. After that date refunds will be considered on a compassionate basis only and are not guaranteed. Single-pay payments will be refunded according to the same timeline, minus $250. If the event is canceled by the facilitator all paid registration fees will be returned.
- Payment Plan Deposit$250$2500$0
- Single Payment Registration$725$7250$0