Burnout Prevention Project: The Science and Practice of Self-Care
Time & Location
About The Event
** THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED. **
A 2-Day Course for Teachers, Caretakers, Helpers, and Healers
16 clock hours (1 credit) of continuing education
At his 2-day event you will learn how purposeful action, present-focused awareness, and self-compassion promote well-being and stress resilience.
Research concludes that educators, social service workers, and caregivers are at high risk of burnout and compassion fatigue due to the emotional demands of these important roles. The ability to physically, emotionally, and mentally self-regulate increases resilience and promotes sustained capacity for service toward others. This highly experiential course will provide opportunities for participants to revisit their passion and purpose, strengthen mindfulness skills for regulating the body, mind, and emotions, cultivate self-compassion, and create actionable plans for sustaining self-care.
During this training, participants will . . .
* Understand how chronic work-related stress impacts personal and professional well-being and leads to burnout and compassion fatigue.
* Utilize mindfulness and self-compassion techniques as both preventative and responsive measures for coping with stress.
* Understand the ethics of self-care and self-awareness in providing competent, professional service.
* Learn and engage in practices designed to cultivate compassion for self and others.
* Recognize helpful and unhelpful thinking patterns and apply mindfulness, self-compassion, self-regulation, and purpose-driven coping strategies.
* Create a plan for sustaining competent practice by engaging in purposeful action, self-awareness and self-care.
Pocatello Community Charter School
995 South Arthur
Saturday, April 6, 2019 , 8AM—5:30PM
Saturday, April 13, 2019 , 8 AM—5:30PM
$100 until 2/28/19
$125 on/after 3/1/19
1.0 CE (16 hours) available for an additional $55. Follow this link to register with ISU and pay the CE fee.
Colleen Broce, M.Ed
Bonnie Horsburgh, LCSW
Rotjanee Daphne Larsen
- Early Registration$100$1000$0