Thu, Feb 20|
Heart-Centered Practice 2020 Winter Retreat
Radical Self-Acceptance: Retreat-Style Training for Mental Health Providers
Time & Location
Feb 20, 2020, 5:00 PM – Feb 23, 2020, 10:30 AM
Tetonia, Tetonia, ID, USA
About The Event
Thursday, Feb 20 - Sunday, Feb 23, 2020
Retreat to this warm, inviting sanctuary set against the serenity and vast splendor of the Teton Mountains. This retreat-style training features workshops in which you will learn approaches for holding the whole self - light and shadow - in loving-kindness, curiosity, and radical self-acceptance. We will draw from the wisdom of Tara Brach, Mindful Self-Compassion, and SoulCollage .
- Explore radical self-acceptance as both a concept and a highly practical approach to pain and suffering.
- Learn strategies for working with strong emotions, critical self-talk, and long-held beliefs with curiosity and compassion.
- Learn skills and meditations for becoming more compassionate and understanding toward the unforgivable parts of yourself.
- Joyfully deepen your understanding of the relationships between your personality parts, you and your family/community/world, and you and your dreams, symbols, and Spirit through the SoulCollage workshop.
- Daily Movement: Yoga and Dance
- Guided Meditations
- SoulCollage Workshop with Susan MaComb, LCPC
- Sense and Savor Dinner with appetizers, main course, dessert, wine
- Experiential learning sessions facilitated by Bonnie Horsburgh, LCSW
- PEACE Discussion
- Easy access to outdoor activities: snowshoeing, cross-country skiing (equipment not provided)
- Lodging: Twin-size bunks and beds are available in bedrooms and loft. The house features 3.5 baths.
- Meals: Thursday dinner through Sunday breakfast; Snacks; Beverages (sparking water, coffee, tea, wine)
- Activities: SoulCollage, movement sessions, all workshops
- Materials: handouts, journal, all workshop supplies
- Continuing Education: This training has been designed to comply with the CE requirements for social workers and counselors in the State of Idaho. Please contact your licensing or accrediting body if you have questions about eligibility for CEs. This event will include at least 15 continuing education hours. A certificate of completion will be provided.
Travel to and from venue
Outdoor activities (skiing, snowshoeing, etc.)
Single Payment $625 - Save $25 with this option.
Payment Plan $650 - Secure your spot with a $150 deposit. The balance of $500 can be paid in two installments of $250 each, due on or before Dec. 1 and Feb. 1.
Payment Plan Deposit
Payment Plan $650 - Secure your spot with a $150 deposit. The balance of $500 can be paid in two installments of $250 each, due on or before Dec. 1 and Feb. 1. Invoices for the remaining installments will be emailed to you after the deposit is made.$150.00Sold Out
Single Payment Registration
Save $25 with this option!$625.00Sold Out
This event is sold out