Tue, Feb 18|
Mindful Self-Compassion 8-Week Spring Course
Cultivate resilience and inner strength with this evidence-based program. This 8-week course includes weekly classes and a 1-day retreat.
Time & Location
Feb 18, 2020, 6:30 PM – Apr 14, 2020, 8:45 PM
The Niche, 2890 14th N Suite B, Ammon, ID 83401, USA
About The Event
MINDFUL SELF-COMPASSION: 8-WEEK COURSE
Feb 18 - April 14, 2020 (No class March 24)
Tuesday evenings, 6:30 - 8:45 PM
One-day retreat: Saturday, March 14, 1:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is an evidence-based program that combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion to enhance our capacity for emotional well-being. Mindfulness is the first step—turning with loving awareness toward difficult experience (thoughts, emotions, and sensations). Self-compassion comes next—bringing loving awareness to ourselves. Together, mindfulness and self-compassion comprise a state of warm, connected, presence during difficult moments in our lives. This 8-week course is based on the research and core components of the Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) program developed by Kristin Neff and Chris Germer.
Self-compassion can be learned by anyone, even those who didn't receive enough affection in childhood of who feel uncomfortable when they are good to themselves. It's a courageous attitude that stands up to harm, including the harm that we unwittingly inflict on ourselves through self-criticism, self-isolation, or self-absorption. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience, allowing us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with kindness, forgive ourselves when needed, relate wholeheartedly to others, and be more authentically ourselves. Rapidly expanding research demonstrates that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional well-being, less anxiety, depression and stress, maintenance of healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and satisfying personal relationships. And it's easier than you think.
In MSC you’ll learn to:
• Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the science of self-compassion
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage caregiver fatigue
• Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
• Teach simple self-compassion skills to others
• Eight weekly group learning classes. Each class includes foundational, science-based information on mindfulness and self-compassion, experiential mindfulness and self-compassion exercises, reflective activities, and group discussion.
• One-day retreat for deepening your mindfulness and self-compassion practice
• Course handbook
• The Mindful Self-Compassion Workbook by Kristin Neff and Chris Germer
• Participants who attend at least 80% of the course will receive a certificate of completion
• 22.5 hours of continuing education for professionals
The course will be held at the Niche Pilates and Holistic Health Center (2890 14th N Suite B, Ammon, ID)
Tuesday evenings, 6:30-8:45 PM, Feb 18 - April 14 , 2020. No calss March 24. Retreat date March 14, 2020.
The early bird rate is $315 (on or before Jan 21).
The regular registration rate is $365 (after Jan 21).
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. Please email email@example.com to inquire about one.
This course has been approved by the Idaho Licensing Board of Professional Counselors and Marriage and Family Therapists for 22.5 continuing education hours. It has been designed to comply with the CE requirements for social workers, nurses, and counselors in the State of Idaho, A course evaluation and certificate of completion will be provided upon completion of the training.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY:
100% of your registration fee will be refunded if you cancel up to one week prior to the start date of the class for which you are registered. After that date refunds will be considered on a compassionate basis only and are not guaranteed. If class is canceled by the facilitator all registration fees will be returned.
Spring MSC Registration