Sat, Dec 07|
Savor the Season: Mindfulness and Mindful Eating for the Holiday Season
Beat holiday stress by SAVORING and deeply appreciating the tastes, smells, sounds, and sensations of the holiday season.
Time & Location
Dec 07, 2019, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM
The Niche, 2890 14th N Suite B, Ammon, ID 83401, USA
About The Event
The Holiday Season is upon us, and the best antidote for holiday stress may surprise you! Beat holiday stress by SAVORING and deeply appreciating the tastes, smells, sounds, and sensations of the holiday season. This three-hour experiential workshop will teach you skills for strengthening the mind-body connection through mindful movement, meditation, and mindful eating. Often the holiday season involves busyness, stress, overindulgence, and self-judgment. Break this pattern by bringing mindful awareness, self-compassion, appreciation for food, and gratitude to each moment!
At this workshop you will:
- Engage in guided mindfulness meditation focused on compassionate body awareness
- Practice light, mindful movement and stretching
- Cultivate a more loving relationship with food by savoring delicious hors d'oeuvres and beverages (finger foods, cheeses, spreads, fruit, chocolates, teas, cider)
- Learn the latest science that supports savoring and pleasure as practices for overall well-being and happiness
- Learn and practice mindful and instictive eating concepts, including: attunement to hunger and satiety, non-judgment and acceptance, discovering contentment, and finding your balance.
Date: December 7, 2019
Time: 12:00 - 3:00 PM
Place: The Niche Pilates and Holistic Health (2890 14th N Suite B, Ammon, ID)
Register: Register at www.bonniehorsburgh.com
This workshop is limited to 20 participants, so register yourself and your friends ASAP! Registration closes on Dec 5.
Questions: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Long, RDN, LD
Anna has been a registered dietitian for 20 years and specialized in mindful and instinctive eating. She teaches a nourishment mindset that includes non-judgment, self-kindness, and joyful movement and eating. Her daily practice includes journaling about gratitude, joy, and beautiful things to eat.
Bonnie Horsburgh, LCSW
Bonnie is a clinical social worker specializing in mindfulness-based therapies and stress resilience. She maintains a therapy practice at Human Dynamics & Diagnostics and teaches mindfulness, self-compassion, and stress-reduction courses throughout southeast Idaho.
Savor the Season$85.00