THE HEART-CENTERED THERAPIST
Time & Location
About The Event
Research supports that mental health providers are at high risk of burnout
and compassion fatigue due to the emotional demands of the profession.
The ability to physically, emotionally, and mentally self-regulate increases
resilience and promotes sustained care-giving capacity. This highly
experiential, rejuvenating retreat will provide opportunities for participants
to revisit their passion and purpose, strengthen mindfulness skills for
regulating the body, mind, and emotions, cultivate self-compassion, and
connect with other heart-centered providers.
During this retreat, participants will:
- Understand how chronic work-related stress impacts well-being and leads to burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Learn and engage in several mindfulness practices, including mindful movement, sitting practice, and creative engagement.
- Understand the ethics of self-care and self-awareness in competent practice.
- Learn and engage in practices designed to cultivate compassion for self and others.
- Recognize helpful and unhelpful thinking patterns and apply mindfulness, self-compassion, self-regulation, and purpose-driven coping strategies.
- Create a plan for sustaining competent practice by engaging in purposeful action, self-awareness and self-care.
Mindful Movement with Carrie Cornish (2 classes)
Painting at the Grape Van Gogh
Chakradance with Nancy Robbins
Certificate of completion and 13 CEUs* (including 2 in ethics)
Training manual & materials
Price: $299 (*early rate) $325 (regular rate)
*early rate expires 6/1/18